DUTIES, PROCEDURES & REQUIREMENTS: Property Chair & Team
Applies to: Property Chair & Team
Introduction: Per By-law 5.8 the PROPERTY TEAM is made up of its Chair and two other members. They shall oversee the care, custody and protection of Our Congregation’s physical property and the
safety of those who use it.
A) Maintain Our Congregation’s buildings, grounds and equipment.
B) Protect Our Congregation’s physical assets through inspection and the purchase & review of appropriate insurance. (See Purchasing)
C) Strive to reasonably sustain a high level of security and safety for:
1) All persons using Our Congregation’s property and equipment;
2) Our Congregation’s members and friends when outside of Our Congregation’s property but engaged in Our Congregation’s endeavors.
D) Select and oversee a member of Our Congregation to be the Safety Officer and another to be the assistant Safety officer.
E) Select and oversee a person to be the Food Protection Manager.
F) Manage the Property Team’s budget.
G) Inform the Council of substantial maintenance situations. (IE redecoration, roof re-shingling, furnace replacement etc.)
H) Provide employees under the Property Team’s supervision with performance appraisals and recommend to the Finance Team wage adjustments at least annually. (See Paid Staff)
I) Oversee the rental of church property.
J) Present a report of the previous year’s activities of the Property Team to Our Congregation at the annual meeting.
K) Recommend a Property Team budget for the upcoming year to the Finance Team.
L) Follow, and amend as needed, the Property Team Duty Calendar.
M) Comply with all related Policies.
Procedures & Requirements:
A) Determine how and by whom the following will be accomplished. This includes, but is not limited to, the Chair handling it all or; the Team dividing the duties or; the recruiting of volunteers or; the compensating of hired individual(s) or company(ies).
1) The regular cleaning and restocking of appropriate supplies of Our Congregation’s building(s). See Cleaning Duty Calendar
2) The general upkeep of Our Congregation’s grounds, including regular mowing and snow removal.
3) The regular inspection and repair of Our Congregation’s building(s) and equipment.
B) Establish, and amend when needed, a Use of Church Property requirements document.
Rental will usually involve a user fee but this may be waived for some other form of compensation. Rentals are short term uses of facilities and/or equipment, though they may be reoccurring. Rental requiring permanent installation of equipment or long time usage is considered a lease and needs
approval of Our Congregation. (See Membership Meetings of Our Congregation)
C) Determine who will oversee the rental of Our Congregation’s building(s) and/or equipment. This Includes:
1) Maintaining a scheduling calendar;
2) Notifying appropriate staff, volunteers, and others using the facilities.
3) Ensuring contracts, when necessary, are signed and copies are forwarded to the Church office. Those requiring monetary compensation shall also be forwarded to the Finance Team.
4) Issuing keys, when required, once the Key Application document is signed.
Conflict of Interest, Duties, Procedures and Requirements amendment, Group Meetings, Paid Staff, Purchasing, Voting, Safe Church